Never a Need 2012
Right now, we're experiencing the most sustained and strident push for abortion in Ireland in 20 years.
The Irish people are being told we need to legalise 'life-saving' abortions. We need to get the truth - that there is NEVER a need for abortion - out to the public and RAISE UP the pro-life majority. And we need to do it now!
Can you help? By giving €50 you can help ensure that:
EVERY home in Ireland - one million households - gets our authoritative new information leaflet.
We can roll out a nationwide pro-life awareness campaign that will STOP this abortion push in its tracks.
That we get at least 100,000 views on our powerful online VIDEO that demolishes the lie of a 'life-saving abortion'.
HERE'S THE TRUTH THAT MUST BE TOLD
Abortion never saves a mothers' life – it just kills a baby
The government has established an expert group to advise on Ireland's pro-life laws, following the recent European Court ruling on abortion.
We've produced this information leaflet in response for widespread distribution. See the left-hand menu for our other campaign responses.
We point out that:
- It's a fact that abortion is never necessary to save the life of a mother - and leading Irish medical experts have already publicly confirmed this fact. As Professor John Bonnar, the Chairman of the Institute of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, told a Dáil Committee; "It would never cross an obstetrician's mind that intervening in a case of pre-eclampsia, cancer of the cervix or ectopic pregnancy is abortion. They are not abortion as far as the professional is concerned, these are medical treatments that are essential to save the life of the mother." It is wrong to confuse necessary medical treatment (which doesn't intend to harm the baby), with abortion, which deliberately takes the life of a child.
- Ireland, without abortion, is the safest place in the world for a mother to have a baby, according to the United Nations . We should protect our pro-life laws - because they protect both mother and baby.
- The European Court ruling places Ireland under no obligation to legalise abortion. Under our Constitution it is the Irish people who have the final say on such matters. Opinion polls show that our ban on abortion is supported by the majority of the people.
 Report on Maternal Mortality, World Health Organisation, the UN (2007, 2010)
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Know the facts. Speak up for Life.
What YOU can do:
- Please CALL an Taoiseach, Enda Kenny, TODAY, asking him to ensure that the expert group upholds our ban on abortion. Call him on (01) 6194020 or (094) 9025600
- Also CALL Health Minister, James O'Reilly, TODAY, with the same message. Call him on (01) 6711026 or (01) 8901300
- CONTACT your local TDs with the same message.
- Distribute copies of this leaflet in your area; please call us on (01) 8730465.
- Lawyer on 'X' case is member of government group
- Set the Record Straight Project
- Lifesitenews Article
- New York Times Article
- 9 minutes in - http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1144738
- LMFM http://utv.vo.llnwd.net/o16/LMFM/2012/04/12/Loosetalk120412.mp3
- Niamh Uí Bhriain from the Life Institue on Coleman at Large dicussing the Clare Daly abortion bill
- Ireland takes up bill on abortion access: New York Times
- Abortion debate flares up ahead of Dáil debate
- Niamh Uí Bhriain discusses the issue with Dr. Joan Lawlor on RTE's God Slot
- See Photos of the Women speak out protest
- Abortion Bill would lock up pro-life counsellors
- Women Speak Out