Never a Need for Abortion
The majority of Irish people are against abortion. That’s always been a major problem for the abortion industry.
So now they’re using fear to promote abortion by falsely claiming that abortion is needed to save women’s lives. But that’s simply not true.
Here are the facts:
- It’s a fact that abortion is never necessary to save the life of a mother - and leading Irish medical experts have already publicly confirmed this fact:
- As Professor John Bonnar, the Chairman of the Institute of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, told a Dáil Committee; “It would never cross an obstetrician’s mind that intervening in a case of pre-eclampsia, cancer of the cervix or ectopic pregnancy is abortion. They are not abortion as far as the professional is concerned, these are medical treatments that are essential to save the life of the mother.”
- Ireland, without abortion, is the safest place in the world for a mother to have a baby, according to the United Nations.
- If a mother develops a life-threatening condition in pregnancy, such as cancer or an ectopic pregnancy, they will always be treated, even if that treatment causes the unintentional death of the baby. That’s the situation in Ireland where abortion remains illegal.
We should protect our pro-life laws - because they protect both mother and baby
- Set the record straight campaign
- Read personal stories of women who had a medical complications during pregnancy